The year of 2016 has been good to the American Autism Association. With both our programs and outreach expanding, we have been able to accomplish an incredible amount of work with the support of our hard working team and commitment of our supporters. Check out some of our favorite moments from 2016…
1. When we worked with Huffington Post to create videos focusing on raising autism awareness and understanding of individuals and families affected by autism.
2. When we launched our newest therapeutic recreational program, the #AutismGoals Soccer Clinic, with the help of Coach Stephan Rigaurd and St. John’s University.
3. When we provided over 200 families with gifts at our holiday parties in New York and Miami.
4. When we held over 15 community events during Autism Awareness Month, including our second annual Drink Good, Do Good Crawl for a Cause.
5. When we launched our Change for Autism initiative, and St. Rita’s School in Staten Island, NY shocked us with their incredible fundraising efforts.
6. Then we teamed up with Toys R Us to host holiday shopping quiet hours for the autism community.
7. When we hosted our second season of Ballet for All Kids in New York, New York.
10. When we were able to host four full seasons of Saddle Up for Autism in Miami, Florida.
Thank you to everyone who helped the American Autism Association accomplish these incredible goals over the course of the last 12 months. Help us make 2017 a year of autism awareness and acceptance by making your contribution at www.myautism.org/donate.