9:00 am - 5:00 pm
New York City Transit Museum
Are you interested in learning more about cultural programs and leisure experiences for neurodiverse individuals?
On September 16th, the New York Transit Museum, home to nationally-recognized access programs, is hosting a day of conversation with professionals serving the neurodiverse population. As they discuss and reflect on their experiences, be inspired to develop new ideas that you can implement in your own work. The Symposium will feature presentations and discussions on the topics of inclusive experiences, performing arts, and supportive technology.
Presenting organizations include:
- Barclays Center
- Brooklyn Public Library
- Children’s Museum of the Arts
- CO/LAB Theater Group
- EPIC Players
- Floreo VR for Autism
- Long Island Children’s Museum
- New York Transit Museum
- NYU Connections
- Roundabout Theatre Company
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Individuals from community centers, schools, museums, arts organizations, recreation programs, literacy programs, places of worship, youth development programs, camps, or other similar organizations.
- Students focused on education, museum studies, or related fields.
- Care partners, parents, grandparents, advocates, and anyone else interested in learning more about engaging neurodiverse individuals.