With the start of a new school year right around the corner, you are probably feeling a little overwhelmed at the thought of switching your child’s routine. We have asked our social media community to send in their most useful back to school tips to help navigate sending your little ones off for another year!
These are some of our favorite responses we received.
- “Take your kid to know the new classroom and teacher before school starts.” – @estefaniabet
- “Order school supplies online.” – @diana.7.3
- “Stay organized, collected, and take everything one step at a time. Stay Solution Oriented!” – @letstalkaboutautism
- “Routine, routine, routine.” – @tish_coop
- “Stay positive, celebrate your child’s victories and don’t compare them with other’s.” – @nakrisade
- “Be ready for what comes next.” – @wyatt_buell
- “Prepare your child. Let them help pick out their backpack and drink container.” – @duke4mee
- “It’s okay to be scared and worried. Just be yourself and try your hardest!” – @soph.lion
- “Knowing who your teacher is.” – @fredjacker
- “Deep breathes.” – @cnem_4
Thank you for sharing your responses with us! If you have any questions or concerns during the transition back to school (or any other day of the year!), we offer an Autism Help Hotline. Call us toll free at 877-654-4483 or email [email protected].