There were a number of triumph’s that occurred during 2015 for the autism community, and for the American Autism Association. From the announcement of Julia on Sesame Street and the incredible recognition of the values Inside Out had to offer children with autism, to the awesome new ID cards that allow people with autism to identify as a person on the spectrum when faced with difficult situations – we would definitely consider it a successful year. The American Autism Association’s smaller community has also experienced many wins in the 2015 year. Check out our favorite moments of this year!
Top 15 moments of 2015 for the American Autism Association:
1. The launch of our new website.
2. The start of our free Ballet For All Kids program in NYC.
3. Our first Drink Good, Do Good Crawl for a Cause fundraiser in NYC.
4. The opening of our very own Etsy store.
5. Our collaboration with Special Spartans, to help inspire the Spartan within children with autism.
6. Teaming up with Classy to make giving a more exciting process for our supporters.
7. Our first annual Let It Grow Campaign for autism awareness, where volunteers like Dan (an autism dad) were able to fundraise a combined $2,500 to support our therapeutic recreational programs.
8. The Art for Autism event we hosted in Miami, Florida displaying the incredible artwork of artists of all ages on the autism spectrum.
9. Getting our groove on at our Second Annual Live Music for Autism fundraiser in NYC.
10. Hosting our very fun Boxing on the Spectrum program in Pompano Beach, Florida.
11. A continuation of our free Equine Therapy program in Miami, Florida.
12. Hosting our first Holiday Toy Giveaway in NYC with the support of Adelphi University’s Psychology Club toy drive efforts.
13. That time Mister Krisp donated this awesome cake to the American Autism Association.
14. Hosting the incredible parent workshops with a number of supportive autism professionals in both NYC and Miami.
15. Kicking off our collaboration with Booster to create fun tee shirt campaigns that fundraise for our therapeutic recreational programs.
Thank you for all of your support! But 2015 is not over yet, donate to help us make 2016 an, even more, successful year!